Garlic is one of the important things that we should have in the kitchen because of its properties that cures and are medicinal and its uniqueness. A lot of us find it very difficult to relate or even hate the smell of this wonder. It has a lot of benefits attached to it if considered to either eat it raw, put in food or blend for juice and it can be blended with ginger too. Below are some of its benefits:
1. It strengthens the immune system, keeps cold and flu away and helps your sore throat.
2.It can be blended into juice and added to other vegetables to make smoothie
3. It can also be used as a natural bug repellent
4. It also helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol
5. It is also high in vitamins, nutrients such as potassium, vitamins A, B, B2,B6 and C, calcium and zinc.
6. It can help kill bacteria, banish blemishes by rubbing a slice of raw garlic over affected area.
You can as well get the dried one to put in your stew, soup so it can give its own vitamins. So also, you can make it into smoothie like this;
- 2 cloves garlic
- half an avocado
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 small green apple
- few mint leaves.
- Then blend all together.